Corporate Giving and Grants
- What Onyx Can Support
- Required Documentation
- Review Lead Times
- Grant Request Status
- Exhibit and Display Fees
- Clinical Grant Requests
- Contact the Onyx Grants Office
- Submit a Grant Request
Onyx will consider unsolicited grant requests from qualified organizations in support of quality programs and services with an educational, scientific or charitable purpose. Grants will only be awarded to those requesting organizations with good standing in the community and a reputation for delivering quality programs and services. Supported programs must focus on improving patient education, quality of life or medical education.
Onyx generally does not provide grants for:
- Individuals, individual scholarships, and individual travel support
- Government agencies, employees and contractors
- General education funds (i.e., must be a specific program/event)
- Political purposes
- Religious purposes
- Initiatives that pose a conflict of interest with the commercial or development goals of Onyx
- Cost overruns following the conclusion of a program (i.e., “retrospective” or “supplemental” grants)
Level of funding is determined solely at the discretion of the Onyx Grant Review Committee. While it is not possible to grant every request, those meeting the necessary criteria will be given careful consideration.
For a grant request to receive consideration, the following documents must be submitted with the completed on-line Grant Request Form:
- Formal letter of request, including
- Program title
- Covered topics/learning objectives
- Brief Program Description
- Program date(s) and venue(s)
- Anticipated attendance
- Speakers (confirmed and/or proposed)
- Amount requested
- CME credits earned (if applicable)
- Remit to address (i.e., location where the check should be sent if request is approved)
- Program agenda (attachment)
- Completed W-9 Form (or W-8 Form if non-U.S. entity) (attachments below)
- For larger programs (?$5,000), a detailed line item budget is also required.
Electronic copies of the required documentation are uploaded using the “Browse” fields in our on-line Grant Request Form. Please click on the links below to access the appropriate form:
Review times can vary between grant requests. Occasionally, additional information or clarification is required for which the requestor may be contacted. In such cases, the review lead time may be extended. To help minimize this time, requestors should provide the most complete and accurate documentation available.
- Grant applications with request amounts of $10,000.00 or less, must be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the program start date.
- Grant applications with request amounts greater than $10,000.00 must be submitted no less than 60 days prior to the program start date.
Upon Grant Review Committee deliberation, the requestor is notified of the decision via e-mail to the address entered on the Grant Request Form. Approved requests are processed and a check is sent directly to the Institution mailing address. A request should not be considered approved until receipt of the e-mail message confirming the approved amount.
For questions regarding the status of a grant request during the review period, or to make changes to the request, please contact the Onyx Grants Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program exhibit and display fees related to HCC and RCC should be forwarded to your local Onyx Sales Representative as these are generally promotional in nature. For all other indications, please contact your local Onyx Medical Science Liaison.
Research Grant Requests
Grant requests to support research projects should be forwarded to your local Onyx Medical Science Liaison for review by the Onyx Medical Organization.
For further information please contact the Onyx Grants Office at (650) 266-2390 or email@example.com